At Cherry Orchard pupils are expected to follow our e-safety rules as outlined in our Online Safety and Acceptable Use Policy. In PSHE and Computing lessons pupils are reminded of e safety rules:
Our E Safety Rules
These rules help us to stay safe online
- We ask permission before using the Internet.
- We only use websites that an adult has chosen.
- We can click on the buttons or links when we know what they do.
- We can search the Internet with an adult.
- We immediately close any webpage we are not sure about.
- We never give out personal information or passwords.
- We never arrange to meet anyone we don’t know.
- We write polite and friendly to people that we know
- We understand that if we break the rules that sanctions will be taken.
- If we see something which makes us feel uncomfortable we say something to a trusted adult.
Below are some links to help stay safe when using technology.
- NetAware 'Share Aware' is designed to help parents and children talk about staying safe on social networks.
- CBBC Stay Safe Test your internet safety knowledge with Hacker, listen to some Stay Safe songs with Helen Skelton, News Kids On the Block and Bobby Lockwood and get some tips from the Horrible Histories gang.
- Newsround Quiz - Internet Security Test your knowledge of internet safety with this quiz from CBBC Newsround.
If you are worried about cyber bullying or anything else on the internet please tell an adult. You can also report online abuse on this website: www.ceop.police.uk
Click on the 'Make a report'
Other organisations that can help:
Helpline: 0800 1111